While taking a stroll along my driveway I noticed this little snow leaf nestled in the freshly fallen snow.
Have you ever heard of a Snow Leaf? Only nature knows of the mystery of how this little leaf nestled itself during a snowstorm. Maybe that is like life too. We nestle in during the storm only to find sunshine surrounding us. The Snow Leaf is a reminder of the recent season Fall with the promise of winter and sparkly snow.
Recently spent some time with my mom enjoying a family tradition of making Cornulete. These are a tradition passed from my father's side of the family that my mom continued and taught me. They are Romanian cookies made during the holidays and are delicious.
Filled with apricot!
and sprinkled with confectioner's sugar... just like the little Snow Leaf.
This snow flake and cornulete definitely reminds me the holidays are upon us.
A delicious cornulete and a simple crochet place mat- please join me for a little Christmas treat.
~Tanya
Sharing with:
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday






Thanks so much for stopping by!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Deb
I love this post is was so nice and how wonderful to be baking cookies with your mom! Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.
ReplyDeleteJulie
The photo of the leaf nestled in the snow is so pretty and it gives an illusion that the leaf is heavier than it really is! I love family traditions; how you baked these sweet treats with your mom. Thank you for your visit. I am following you too now!! Merry Christmas, Tanya!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post...and your blog is beautiful.:)
ReplyDeleteI kept looking for the recipe of these delicious looking cookies....we love anything with apricots. :)
Have a wonderful Christmas...
Thank you! I will have to post it soon! They are delicious!
Delete~T
These look delicious! It seems that you are having a homey vintage Christmas at your place! I hope it's wonderful!
ReplyDeleteThese Conuletes look so very yummy! Filled with apricots, how delicious! Recipes from your heritage are the best. Do you share your recipe? My ancestors on my dads side were from Czechoslovakia. My mom always made a cabbage and dumpling dish called Holuska. I have only made it a couple times. I need to try making it again. I loved hearing about the snow leaf! We have alot of snow too. I will be keeping my eyes out for a snow leaf too. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
ReplyDeleteThank you!!! Yes, I am happy to share the recipe. They are a little time consuming but so worth it! I will make a blog post soon to share it and will also email you the recipe. We have a cabbage dish as well... called Sarmale. I will have to share my recipe and compare with yours. Will send you email soon.
Delete~T