Sunday, October 4, 2009

Baby Blessings






I've been fortunate enough to be asked to make quite a few blessing gowns over the years. My passion for French Heirloom sewing started over 25 years ago (oh, that makes me sound old!) My introduction to heirloom sewing was from Susan Oliver who came to a local sewing shop. She taught heirloom sewing by hand!!! Yes, I said, by HAND! I learned the basics and immediately fell in love with the soft silky touch of 100% cotton swiss batiste. Cotton laces and fine tiny stitches seemed to just melt in my hands. It felt like I was in heaven. As I completed each new technique I would often sigh to myself, 'it's soooooo beautiful!' I was in love! It has been many years since that first class and many many projects later but here are a few pics of baby blessing gowns.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your comment with me. Sweet comments are like treasured friends. ~Tanya