After a light spray of fresh water this morning my pink hollyhocks seemed to flutter in the breeze. These blooms are from seeds a coworker gave me many years ago and were a surprise this year in my garden.
My former coworker loved to garden and would put thoughtful small gifts together for her friends. She gifted me with a small seed packet from her flowers. Many years later I planted these seeds and this is the gift I received again from her.
My coworker friend and I lost track of one another many years ago as I moved away out of state but I often remember our shared office times together. She had a love of gardening and flowers and was always so willing to share the fruits of her labor.
Late last year I decided to see if I could find her again after 20 years but was saddened to find her obituary in a Google search. This spring I planted the seeds she so lovingly placed in an envelope and gave to me over 20 years ago. They have bloomed and fit right in with my double pink roses. My heart is happy to know her gift of seeds is blooming and right at home in my flower garden. I hope she sees my flowers and smiles because they made my heart sing this morning.
Plant your gifts of love and generosity today... for you never know where or when they will make the world a beautiful place or touch those you love.
~Tanya
Well, what a sad, but sweet story! Your hollyhocks are amazing! We just moved this summer, and I hope next year to put in a lovely flower garden, and I can't wait :) Your roses and beautiful flowers are an inspiration! :) Enjoying my visit with you today! :)
ReplyDeleteLovely. Your hollyhocks are fabulous! They are one of my favorite flowers. Sorry about your friend but memories are God's little gifts. I am going to plants some hollyhock seeds this year that I have saved. Wish me luck. This should open to a link to my hollyhocks in the past. http://www.tellmetellme mary.blogspot.com/2012/07/mary-mary-how-does-your-garden-grow.html. I like your blog.
ReplyDelete