Friday, December 20, 2013

Dreaming of Christmas in Paris

I am dreaming of Christmas in Paris...


I made this Christmas quilt using soft edge applique technique. The pattern is 'French Roses' by Heather French. Fabric line is Holiday in Paris by Dena.

I love all of the florals, bows, colors and touch of whimsy with the line drawings. 


I added a small travel pillow with pink prairie points for a touch of color and a soft place to rest my head while dreaming of Christmas in Paris!


What a dream to spend the holiday in Paris. It's on my list of to-do's in my lifetime. 


I even added on my to-do list for the coming months to brush up on my French. I have my language cd's out and have time scheduled on my calendar for study and practice. It has been a while since college days but taking a first step to re-learn the language will bring me one step closer to my dream.


Joyeux Noel!

~Tanya

Sharing with:
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
My Romantic Home ~ Show & Tell Friday

13 comments:

  1. Oh my Tanya, this quilt is fabulous! I love the fabrics! I too would love to spend time in Paris at Christmas (or any time for that matter) lol! On my to do list also. Your pillow is sweet too. I would love if you linked this to SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jann, Thank you so much for you sweet comment. I just linked to SYC. Paris here we come!
    ~T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh can you imagine spending Christmas in Paris?! How amazing would that be?! A definite must do one of these days. Love this quilt too...you are talented. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment. A Paris holiday sounds wonderful!
      ~T

      Delete
  4. A pretty quilt and travel pillow that would be nice on the plane as you fly over to Paris. It is on my wish list as well. You never know when a door will open and offer opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful thought about the opportunity! I agree, things happen for a reason and at the right time! Thank you for the sweet comment.
      ~T

      Delete
  5. Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous. I'm in awe at your skills. And it looks very Christmasy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Magali. It was a pleasure to make and the fabric line so fun to look at too.
      ~T

      Delete
  6. Hi Tanya, after my 2 week break I will be featuring you at SYC tomorrow.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with your quilt! It is so romantic and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was a pleasure to make and I love it too.
      ~T

      Delete
  8. Your quilt is absolutely stunning! Wow! I hope you get to spend Christmas in Paris in the near future.
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comment with me. Sweet comments are like treasured friends. ~Tanya