My Grow Your Blog post can be found here
Pretty in Pink.
This little American Girl Doll 'Samantha' is my beloved Sammy. She came into my life in a very fun way and is one of my treasures. Years ago I won her on a PBS fundraising auction! 18" dolls are so much fun to sew, crochet and knit for. The seams are short, the dollies don't wiggle or mind if things don't fit just perfectly!
Sammy is ready for a nice afternoon visit. She would be so happy to spend some time with you.
Her little pink corduroy trousers are made from vintage fabric. My mother sewed a coat for me out of the fabric when I was a toddler (yes, I did just call this fabric vintage!!! although I'm not quite vintage yet!) What a find it is to have scraps leftover from her project of so many years ago. I now know where my fabric stash talents and saving all the scraps addition I have come from. I have enough pink corduroy to use in a new memory quilt project I'm designing and can't wait to show pics of it.
This project was a delight to crochet! A few yarn color changes but so worth the sweetness.
Oh to be pretty in pink trousers with a cozy winter sweater!
~Tanya



Hi Tanya, what a pretty sweater you made for your American Girl Doll! I made a few crocheted poncho's for my daughters American Girl Dolls and this looks so nice. Have a nice day. Julie
ReplyDelete