Saturday, February 28, 2015

Goodbye February

Spring is well on its way.  Early this morning I took a walk because it was snowing and because who could resist. It was a light snow following a few very spring like weeks.  Nature really has this 'ole life down and speaks both deeply and quietly.


Yes, bloom it will!


Made me think of T.S. Eliots 'The Waste Land.'  

I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
                      Frisch weht der Wind
                      Der Heimat zu
                      Mein Irisch Kind,
                      Wo weilest du?
“You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
“They called me the hyacinth girl.”
—Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
Looking into the heart of light, the silence.....

“That corpse you planted last year in your garden,
“Has it begun to sprout? Will it bloom this year?


~Tanya




2 comments:

  1. Hi Tanya, that little hyacinth looks so pretty budding out of the snow! I can't wait for spring to arrive. It is still cold with ice and snow and more snow to arrive tomorrow. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs, Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comment with me. Sweet comments are like treasured friends. ~Tanya