Sunday, October 11, 2015

Vintage Farmhouse gift-Teacup Exchange 2015

A vintage farmhouse gift...

What a delightful box waited for me on my front porch.  While participating in The Enchanting Rose's Teacup Exchange 2015 I was gifted with a beautiful one-of -a kind teacup.  Jo from Anne's Attic-design sent me this lovely teacup. It was handmade and came from an old farmhouse that is over 200 years old.  The tea cup isn't that old but the lady she purchased it from had hand crafted it when she was in her 30's and she is 91 now!  I absolutely love stories like this! I'm a sentimentalist and to know that this treasure has found its way into my home-- it's most welcome here.

Jo included Bits and Bobs... so fun!



 The teacup will be wonderful this holiday season... I am looking forward to enjoying a cup of Christmas tea with it.

The unique shape of the petals on the saucer... ruffly, unique and lightly shaded with green.

 Truly a unique and charming piece.  I'm so happy it found its way to me.  Thank you Jo for your lovely gift and new friendship.  Stephanie at The Enchanting Rose... thank you for hosting such a fun and sweet event. I had a sweet time putting together my exchange for Janet of Rosemary and Thyme- she did a beautiful blog post and I'm so grateful to have been introduced to two new friends.

~Tanya

11 comments:

  1. Sweet looks Very nice... Happy Sunday with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous cup! I am not surprised that you will treasure it, it is beautiful! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Tanya, what a fabulous and oh-so-beautiful story behind the tea cup! You are indeed blessed to have it in your home. The saucer is very unique and quite stunning as is the color of the cup and saucer.

    I truly appreciate you, dear one, and your participation in the exchange. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for joining the fun. Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! how blessed to have received such a unique tea cup and saucer, it is absolutely beautiful! I so enjoyed reading the story about it! Enjoy your new treasure.
    Thank you for sharing,
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that teacup and saucer are so unique! I don't bel8ieve I have ever seen one like it.

    And it looks really neat with that large pinecone in it, too.

    Wasn't this exchange FUN???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that you enjoy it. This was my first year and really wasn't sure quite what to give. It truly is a relic. The red door knob came off of an 100 year old cupboard that I bought a few months ago. Also the buckle is one from my Dads many buckles that I inherited when he passed. I love a good history. Hugs, Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, to learn of even more than you wrote in your note to me! Thank you, thank you for such thoughtful gifts. I will treasure them all. Thank you for sharing your generous heart with me.

      Delete
  7. Hello Tanya, I'm visiting you from my dear Stephanie's party, so nice to meet you.
    Oh my that is a lovely and very unique tea cup. I'm sure you will cherish that as a blessed keep sake.
    Many blessings to you ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely teacup and saucer you received from Jo...very unique! I love its story and has now found a home with you! I love to see what you can create with the bobs & bits she send you as well!
    Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, how gorgeous is your one-of-a-kind tea cup.....it is wonderfully unique. Love, love, LOVE all the bits and bobs. So happy to visit your lovely blog from the bottom of the world and share in your excitement of your lovely gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your teacup's pretty colour and unique saucer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comment with me. Sweet comments are like treasured friends. ~Tanya