I'm in a lemon yellow mood today. After crocheting this vintage reproduction potholder, I was feeling sort of yellow. Have you ever felt like a color?
Lemon with multiple layers and dimension.
How fortunate I was a couple weeks ago to find this thrift store book find. Don't you just love it when your thrift-find meets all and more of your expectations?! I've never not found a good book at the thrift store though! Yes, I love books.
Baked from scratch lemon scones. A good recipe to make up and keep some in the freezer to have on hand to bake when you're feeling Lemony! Just enough to set out and enjoy this afternoon.
I hope your day was lemony too!
~Tanya
Sharing with:
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson Share Your Cup Thursday
Bernideen's Tea Blog Friends Sharing Tea
No Minimalist Here Open House Thursday
Rose Chintz Cottage Home
My Romantic Home Show & Tell Friday






Hi Tanya
ReplyDeleteThe closest I came to lemon was a wedge in a glass of water today. I do like lemony desserts though and I just might try some in my scones for a change.
I like the pot holder you made and how the jar of lemon curd is fancied up.
Judith
Tanya: I have that cookbook - in fact - I need to get it out now!I buy a lot of lemons at the grocery and use them for scones, lemon tarts, lemon pound cakes. I love lemon.
ReplyDeleteI certainly don't know how to crochet and that potholder is so lovely!
How talented you are! Thank you for linking to Friends Sharing Tea!
OK, the vintage style potholder - ROCKS!!! LOVE that! Also love anything lemon...lemon meringue is my go to for dessert out. Happy Thursday, Tanya...Tanya
ReplyDeleteHow delicious! The pot holder, the goodies - all of it. You make me want to learn how to crochet! -Derrith
ReplyDeleteI love lemons--yellow is such a great color for this gloomy time of year. The potholder is awesome!
ReplyDeleteYellow is one of my favorite colors...and orange! Would you believe those are the same colors I loved in my 20's and I've come full circle? I am totally impressed with that gorgeous potholder... just beautiful! And yes, lemon anything is wonderful. My grandmother made the best lemon meringue pie and who doesn't love a lemon bar??
ReplyDeleteI love soft yellow..you vintage pot holder looks great... I recently made some lemon curd came out wonderful except the taste of metal so I had to throw it out..can you tell me what post extra do you use...and I love love lemons happy Sunday with love Janice
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are so beautiful, I have an urge to open a lemon curd jar. And the scones looks yummy!
ReplyDeleteI love anything lemon, especially lemon meringue pie!!!
ReplyDeleteNow I'm craving sweets...
Blessings,
Cindy
Tanya, I hope that you were feeling tart and not like a sour puss. lol! Sorry, I couldn't resist. Yes, sometimes a certain color puts me in a certain mood. I love lemon curd and lemon scones sound divine. Your pot holder is so sweet. Would love a bit of lemon right now. Lemon bars sound yummy too! Darn, I'm just making myself hungry. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
ReplyDeletehugs,
Jann
Hallo Tanya,
ReplyDeleteWat een prachtig blog heb je, ga je
volgen hoor. Misschien vind je het leuk
om ook eens bij mij langs te komen.
Lieve groetjes,
Josephine
Tanya Rachelle,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment!
I love this bright and cheery post!! Your pot holder is so cute!! I have many of the red original ones in my Kitchen!
Hugs,
Debbie
Tanya, How pretty your post. Everything looks delicious. Those sconce and lemon curd really look yummy.. Perfect for tea.and your pot holder is charming. I too feel like a certain color sometimes..Have a wonderful week.
ReplyDeleteJanet
rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com