Thursday, April 4, 2013

Anne, beautiful Anne

A lifelong favorite of mine. Anne of Green Gables. What a delightful thrift shop find for me!!! The lovely treasury book is beautifully illustrated and features exquisite research and information on the books, author and Prince Edward Island. 


 A beautiful cover that immediately caught my eye. The illustration of the carriage makes me feel as if I'm riding right along with them.



On a second stop at the same shop I found much to my happiness all 8 Anne books!!! 

\

Another beautiful illustration from the Treasury book. Busy hands, I agree make for a wonderful life.


Oh such kindred spirits! Time to share and enjoy with my kindred spirit friends.


Have a wonderfully, wonderful Anne kind of day.

~Tanya

Sharing with:
A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson- Share Your Cup Thursday
Bernideen's Tea Time Blog- Open House

8 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful - I have never seen this book and it is a treasure for sure!!! I am so pleased you linked to "Open House".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that I have never read any of the Anne of Green Gables books. I have been a voracious reader all my life and have no idea why I haven't read them.

    I am going to add them to my "to read" list. Right now I am reading The Secret Keeper on my Nook and loving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them when you read them! They are delightful!
      ~T

      Delete
  3. Hi Tanya,
    I have never read all the Anne of Green Gables books. Just the first, so many years ago. You have piqued my interest. Don't you love how an image has the power to place you in it's midst (carriage)! I think I will need to head to the bookstore and pick up another of the Green Gables books. By the way, I am your newest follower! I would love to have you visit me at Still Woods Farmhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find! The illustrations look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful book cover. I read Anne of Green Gables last year when Sandi had the Anne Tea.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tanya what a wonderful find! I love Anne of Green Gables. I would love to visit Prince Edward Island some day! Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed this most lovely post. I have the very same books given to me in the late 1980s, Love them. I have stitched a stitchery based on the Treasury cover with the Lake of Shining Waters and lots of flowers. I am a big AOGG fan. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comment with me. Sweet comments are like treasured friends. ~Tanya